The Estrella Blouse features embroidered details that are strikingly unique. The blouse was hand embroidered by women from the J’pas Joloviletik Weaving Co-operative in San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico. The vibrant design represents the sacredness of corn. In the Maya creation story, humans were born from corn and corn therefore connects the Maya with their ancestors and continues to feed the spirit and body of the Maya today.
The corn and star motifs are featured on the front of the blouse while the detailed embroidery of the neckline and sleeves are also embroidered on the back. The complexity of the embroidered design means that each Estrella Blouse takes 1 week to create. The blouse looks perfect worn with denim shorts, jeans or tucked into a floaty maxi skirt.
- Made in the community of Catixtik
- 100% Cotton
- High rounded neckline
- Tailored fit
- Exclusively 1 available
- Comfortably fits sizes 6 and 8
- Model is 171cm tall and an Australian size 8
- Length: 54cm
- Waist: 84cm
- Bust: 100cm
- Arm hole depth: 19cm
- Hand wash separately in cold water and hang to dry
- Due to the handmade nature, there may be slight imperfections and raw threads. This simply adds to the uniqueness of each piece