Our Costa Huipil was handwoven on a backstrap loom by Eva from La Flor de Xochistlahuaca Women's Cooperative in Mexico.
This stunning design features traditional Amuzgo motifs. The depth of colours used to create our Costa Huipil were derived from natural dyes. These dyes come from plants, insects and mineral compounds. Due to their handmade nature, each huipil can take a week to create from start to finish. This includes spinning the cotton, weaving the design and hand sewing the side seams.
Wear this divine creation knowing that it is a work of art that holds an incredible history and celebrates ancient techniques. It is designed to be loved forever and passed down through the generations. Wear it to the beach or dress it up with a belt and heels, it is such a versatile piece.
PLEASE NOTE - as each Costa Huipil is one of a kind the design you receive may be slightly different to the image.
- 100% handwoven with naturally dyed cotton
- 59cm wide x 92cm in length
- Arm hole depth: 21cm
- Generally fits sizes 8 to 12
- Model is a standard Australian size 8 and 171cm tall
- Hand wash separately with cold water and mild detergent. Hang to dry in shade