The divine Milpa Huipil was handwoven on a backstrap loom by Angela Bautista Cruz from La Flor de Xochistlahuaca Women's Cooperative in Mexico.
This stunning traditional Amuzgo design was hand dyed a beautiful shade of pale blue using natural dyes from plants. The colourful motifs woven into the design feature flowers and fields inspired by Xochistlahuaca's breathtaking landscapes.
Due to their handmade nature, each huipil can take a week to create from start to finish. This includes hand dyeing, spinning the cotton, weaving the design and hand sewing the side seams. PLEASE NOTE - Due to the natural dyes, you may see slight running of dyes.
Wear this divine creation knowing that it is a work of art that holds an incredible history and celebrates ancient techniques.
- 100% handwoven cotton
- Naturally dyed
- Hand stitched side seams
- Each huipil is one of a kind, meaning that the motif design you receive may be different to what the model is wearing
- Small measures 54cm wide x 67cm long
- Medium measures 60cm wide x 68cm long
- Arm hole depth: 19cm
- Small fits sizes 8-10
- Medium fits size 10-12
- Lifestyle model is an Australian size 8 and wears the size small
- Do not soak. Machine wash separately on a gentle cycle with cold water and mild detergent. Hang to dry.