Our Divina Huipil was handwoven on a backstrap loom by Divina from La Flor de Xochistlahuaca Women's Cooperative in Mexico. Due to their handmade nature, each huipil can take weeks to create from start to finish. This includes spinning the cotton, weaving the design and hand sewing the side seams.
This stunning Divina Huipil features traditional Amuzgo motifs in vibrant colours. The cotton open weave makes the huipil beautifully lightweight for the warmer months. Wear this divine creation knowing that it is a work of art that holds an incredible history and celebrates ancient techniques.
PLEASE NOTE: The size small and medium are two different designs, please look at photos for reference. Each huipil is one of a kind. Please refer to photos and if there is a design you prefer feel free to let us know the number you would like in the notes section of the check out.
- 100% handwoven cotton
- Hand stitched side seams
- Size Small/Medium: 55cm wide x 67cm in length
- Size Medium/Large: 65cm wide x 75cm in length
- Small generally fits sizes 8-10
- Medium generally fits sizes 12-14
- Model is an Australian size 8 and 171cm tall
- Hand wash separately with cold water and mild detergent. Hang to dry