Our nature inspired Borla Huipil was handwoven on a backstrap loom by Isabel, Patrocinia, Eutimia, Margarita and Silvia from La Flor de Xochistlahuaca Women's Cooperative in Mexico.
This stunning traditional Amuzgo design features motifs of wild flowers, pumpkin flowers, mountains and butterflies all inspired by Xochistlahuaca's breathtaking landscapes. The bottom of each huipil showcases a gorgeous tassel design for added detail. The vibrant colours are fun and summery, while the lightweight cotton is perfect for the warmer weather.
Due to their handmade nature, each huipil can take weeks to create from start to finish. This includes spinning the cotton, weaving the design and hand sewing the side seams.
Wear this divine creation knowing that it is a work of art that holds an incredible history and celebrates ancient techniques.
PLEASE NOTE - Each huipil is one of a kind. If you would like a specific design please look at the photos and write the size number that you would like in the notes section of the checkout.
- 100% handwoven cotton
- Hand stitched side seams
Measurements & Sizing:
- Small: approx. 55cm wide x 65cm in length (above tassels)
- Medium: approx. 60cm wide x 65cm in length (above tassels)
- Large: approx. 65cm wide x 70cm in length (above tassels)
- Arm hole depth: approx. 20cm
- Model is 171cm and a standard size 8 (wearing the size Medium in the 1st two photos at 31 weeks pregnant & the size small in the 3rd, 4th and 5th photo)
- Hand wash in cold water and hang to dry in shade