Our El Mar Huipil was handwoven on a backstrap loom by Margarita and Isabel from La Flor de Xochistlahuaca Women's Cooperative in Mexico.
This stunning traditional Amuzgo design was hand dyed a beautiful shade of indigo. The cream motifs woven into the design feature wild flowers inspired by Xochistlahuaca's breathtaking landscapes.
Due to their handmade nature, each huipil can take weeks to create from start to finish. This includes hand dyeing, spinning the cotton, weaving the design and hand sewing the side seams.
Wear this divine creation knowing that it is a work of art that holds an incredible history and celebrates ancient techniques.
PLEASE NOTE - Each huipil is one of a kind. Please refer to photos and if there is a design you prefer feel free to let us know the number you would like in the notes section of the check out.
- 100% handwoven cotton
- Naturally dyed
- Hand stitched side seams
- Each huipil is one of a kind, meaning that the motif design you receive may be different to what the model is wearing
- Small: approx. 55cm wide x 67cm in length
- Medium: approx. 60cm wide x 76cm in length
- Small generally fits sizes 8 to 10
- Medium generally fits sizes 10 to 12
- Model is a standard Australian size 8 and 171cm tall
- Hand wash in cold water and hang to dry in shade